The Ontario Hospital Association (OHA) convened it’s second annual Green Health Care Conference June 15, 2011. The learning objectives for the event included:
• Valuable energy saving strategies
• Innovative projects to reduce an organization’s ecological footprint
• How sustainable health care facilities can result in improved working conditions
• Green procurement practices
• Improved waste management techniques
Leon Wasser participated actively in the discussions based on his extensive experience supplying many hospitals with advanced technologies including Baycrest, The Hospital for Sick Children, Mount Sinai, Rouge Valley Ajax Pickering, Rouge Valley Centennary and and West Park.
SES found particular interest in:
Elspec’s power quality improvement
Eagle Technology’s Computerized Maintenance Management Systems which interface with a hospital’s building control systems that was recently implemented by Captain William Jackman Memorial Hospital, Labrador City.
Heat Saving Systems Air Doors which were recently supplied to St. Michael’s Hospital, Toronto.
Broad absorption chillers
Cypress EnviroSystems retrofit kit to automate steam traps & pneumatic controls
Sopogy concentrated thermal solar for process applications including laundry facilities.